Hiring Organization / Company: City Of Augusta
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
DISTINGUISHING FEATURES OF WORK
The Wastewater Trainee is responsible for performing work to operate and maintain the sewer collection system, wastewater plant and related lift stations.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for maintenance and repair of the collection system and lift stations
- Operation of belt filter press
- Respond to alarms in a timely manner
- General cleaning of all buildings, pipes and equipment
- Clean and maintain UV system
- Assist in soil sampling
- Operate the VacCon vehicle and perform maintenance and utility locations when requested
- Work in “on call” rotation
- Prompt and regular attendance is required for this position
- Other duties as assigned
- Attend monthly safety meetings
- Maintain and demonstrate good public relations
- Assist with snow removal and street clearing, as needed
- Assist and cross-train in other departments, as required
- Wear Personal Protective Equipment, as required
- Abide by all standards, conduct and policies, as stated in Employee Handbook
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.. Requirements:
Education, Licensure or Certification
- High School Diploma or GED
- Possess or have the ability to obtain a Class I Wastewater Certification, Existing Certification preferred.
- Ability to obtain CDL Class B with tanker endorsement (minimum) and airbrakes with no restrictions, Active CDL preferred.
Experience, Specialized Knowledge, and Other Requirements
- General knowledge of Wastewater Treatment Plant Operations
- Experience operating heavy equipment such as skid steer, backhoe and mini-excavator preferred
Skills and Abilities – With or without accommodations
- Has ability to perform physical activities that require considerable use of arms and legs and moving the whole body, such as sitting, standing, walking, bending, climbing, twisting, squatting, reaching overhead, grasping, lifting, balancing, kneeling, pushing, pulling and handling of objects
- Has ability to frequently lift up to 50 pounds; occasionally lift up to 75 pounds with assistance
- Has normal eyesight and depth perception, with or without correction
- Hears normal tones, with or without correction
- Has ability to work within environment described below
- Work under supervision and cooperatively with other employees
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Ability to listen, understand and communicate information
- Ability to read, write and comprehend English
- Problem-solving skills to troubleshoot operation problems
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility in work environments, performing a variety of frequently changing tasks
- Ability to work independently
The physical and cognitive demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in outside weather conditions, including temperature extremes. The employee may regularly be exposed to fumes, odors, dirt, wetness, chemicals and toxins. The noise level in the work environment occasionally requires hearing protection.
Job Location Information:
Location: Augusta, Ks 67010
Date Posted: 2021-01-28
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you are not kidding approximately searching for Jobs, you are going to agree that it is without doubt one of the hardest jobs at the moment. Typically, you’re going to don’t have any clue the place or what to look for within the job market. The great thing is that you are not by yourself. There are a number of other folks out there who are jobless like you. Finding a job even in a industrial center may also be easy if you understand the place to start. Before you start your job looking procedure, here are tips to help you find your dream job.
1. Job Facilities
Job firms are an out of this world and usually lost sight of hots pot for finding Jobs. Job firms recurrently supply vital coaching, property, and techniques for activity seekers. These firms may also be particularly helpful for younger job seekers or those with little running experience. A easy Internet scan for job firms to your areashould discover where and how to get to them.
2. Temporal agencies
Many companies make a choice to have their positions dispatched by way of temporal companies. The end objective for that may be to save cash on representative benefits like healthcare. Temporally companies likewise give firms the way of screening applicants. Employment services and products can often be a faster and not more daunting job than finding direct employment. An employment company would possibly likewise turn out to be into a long-lasting process for the people who perform smartly right through their running.
3. Free job look products and services
This is a waste of cash whilst money is now tight in the first place. After all, the cash you pay for job finding websites is imposed deductible if you are on a job. It is smarter to use the cash to pay for expenses.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.