Hiring Organization / Company: Augusta University
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
An Associate’s degree in a related field, or a high school diploma or GED required plus 3 years experience performing secretarial /clerical assistant duties in an office setting. An Associate Degree in a related field may be substituted for the experience.
An Associate Degree, plus 5 years experience performing secretarial /clerical assistant duties in an office setting. An Associate Degree in a related field may be substituted for the experience.
- Greet visitors, answers telephone, providing correct responses to a variety of questions (routine and non-routine) about the offices or department’s operations or policies and direct customers to the appropriate resource when questions exceed knowledge.
- Open and distribute incoming correspondence, check and compare with previous communication, compose routine correspondence, format and type documents, proofread and edit draft material, determine priority of incoming material and route to appropriate personnel.
- Maintain a supervisor and/or department’s calendar, schedule meetings, and make travel arrangements, process travel reimbursements, and other forms incidental to these responsibilities.
- Prepare written and presentation materials for superiors, gather and compile information, perform calculations. May prepare spreadsheets or other reports or presentation materials such as PowerPoint, and otherwise assist in the development of narrative information and graphic displays.nitiate, complete and review forms
- Perform responsible secretarial, clerical and administrative duties associated with assigned department which may include preparing bills, coordinating test preparation and creation, maintaining patient records.
- Maintain operational, budget, personnel, and other administrative records; initiate, complete and review forms, log, file, and/or enter information in a computer requiring knowledge of simple to advanced database systems and strong attention to detail; retrieve information and audit records for accuracy and completeness.
- Initiate purchase requisitions and coordinate with the purchasing office as appropriate. Gather data and/or prepare routine information related to purchasing office related supplies and equipment. Initiate facilities management work orders as necessary.
- Prioritizing duties and meeting deadlines.
- All other duties as assigned.
Under general supervision, performs a variety of routine and non-routine clerical and administrative duties in support of an office or department. Work requires knowledge of departmental policies and procedures and decision-making within well-established guidelines.
Correctional health care, one of the fastest growing health services in the nation, offers fulfilling roles in a variety of settings. As an employee of Georgia Correctional HealthCare, you will have not just another job, but rather a mission! With your passion, you will take a leading role in achieving our mission to provide quality health care to the state’s inmate population. You’ll meet new challenges! But the rewards of making such a significant difference in people’s lives will make those challenges worthwhile.
Georgia Correctional HealthCare (GCHC) is the division of the Augusta University that provides high quality healthcare to over 60 Georgia Department of Correction facilities state wide. Since 1997, GCHC has prided itself on delivering a high level of quality care while controlling the spiraling costs associated with inmate healthcare.
GCHC AAEEO/Condition Statement
Georgia Correctional HealthCare (GCHC) is a Division of Augusta University. We are an equal employment, equal access, and equal educational opportunity and affirmative action institution. Also, Augusta University is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans. It is the policy of the University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status.
All candidates are to complete and successfully pass Pre-Employment requirements. This includes a Criminal History Record Release (and when applicable, a Physical Examination and Drug Screen).
Pay Grade: 5
Minimum Salary: $12.24/hr
Salary to be commensurate with qualifications of selected candidate within the established range (generally minimum-midpoint) of the position
Recruitment Period: March 26, 2020 until filled
Job Location Information:
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you’re not kidding approximately searching for Jobs, you will agree that it is likely one of the toughest jobs this present day. In most cases, you are going to have no clue where or what to look for in the job market. The good thing is that you are not alone. There are a few other folks available in the market who are jobless like you. Finding a job even in a commercial center can also be simple if you already know the place to begin. Before you begin your job searching procedure, listed here are guidelines that will help you to find your dream job.
1. Job Facilities
Job companies are an implausible and commonly overlooked hots pot for finding Jobs. Job firms commonly supply crucial training, property, and systems for task seekers. Those firms can be specifically helpful for younger job seekers or the ones with little working revel in. A easy Internet experiment for job firms for your areashould discover where and easy methods to get to them.
2. Temporal companies
Many corporations choose to have their positions dispatched via temporal agencies. The tip purpose for that may be to save cash on consultant advantages like healthcare. Temporally businesses likewise supply firms the best way of screening candidates. Employment services can usually be a sooner and less daunting job than finding direct employment. An employment company may likewise turn out to be into an enduring activity for the people who perform neatly all through their running.
3. Free job look products and services
It is a waste of cash while money is now tight within the first place. Of course, the cash you pay for job finding websites is imposed deductible if you’re on a job. It is smarter to use the money to pay for bills.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.