Hiring Organization / Company: Hampton Inn & Suites By Hilton Augusta Washington Rd
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
The Beautiful Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Augusta Washington Road is seeking a Engineer II. The purpose of an Engineer II is to assure the overall success of the hotel by meeting or exceeding the guest expectation for working order of mechanical systems. The Engineer II must maintain a safe working environment throughout the hotel by providing an attractive, clean and well‐maintained property.
Essential Job Functions
- Maintain accurate records on preventative maintenance and repairs.
- Perform general maintenance, preventative maintenance, inspections and repairs duties as assigned.
- Adhere to safety, security and emergency procedures, react appropriately during emergency situations, and act promptly to correct hazards. Adhere to security procedures concerning the handling of guest room and master keys, security of boiler and electrical rooms and other engineering areas, proper storage of all chemicals, etc.
- Listen to and promptly act to resolve guest problems and complaints.
- Clean and organize maintenance shop.
- Have working knowledge of HVAC, MEP and refrigeration systems, including repair, maintenance and basic electric and plumbing skills. Ability to troubleshoot equipment and identify needs and parts.
- Have strong mechanical skills for operation and repair of hotel equipment and possess the knowledge and ability to perform a variety of general maintenance repairs.
- Have working knowledge regarding application and storage of all chemicals and the OSHA standards for chemical use.
- Know how to operate hand and power tools (drills, hoisting equipment, reciprocating saw, and pressure washing equipment); dial indicators and testing equipment for air, water balancing and control calibration.
- Read manufacturer instructions, blueprints, etc. and the ability to discern various colors of electrical wiring.
- Make effective judgments on the various aspects of general repairs and maintenance and effectively solve guest and operational problems.
- Keeps Chief Engineer promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance so that prompt corrective action can be taken.
High School Diploma Preferred; Basic understanding of HVAC and Refrigeration. Prior hospitality experience preferred.
Auro Hotels is an Equal Employment Opportunity and E-Verify Employer. All applicants are subject to background and substance abuse screening prior to any offer of employment.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Mechanical Engineering: 2 years (Preferred)
- One location
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Plastic shield at work stations
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Job Location Information:
Location: Augusta, Ga 30907
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you are not kidding about searching for Jobs, you are going to agree that it is one of the hardest jobs this present day. Usually, you’re going to haven’t any clue the place or what to look for within the job market. The great factor is that you’re not on your own. There are a couple of other folks in the market who are jobless like you. Discovering a job even in a business center may also be simple if you recognize the place to start out. Before you begin your job looking procedure, listed below are tips that will help you in finding your dream job.
1. Job Centers
Job corporations are an out of this world and often overpassed hots pot for locating Jobs. Job firms repeatedly provide essential coaching, assets, and methods for activity seekers. These corporations can be in particular useful for younger job seekers or the ones with little working revel in. A easy Web test for job firms to your areamust discover where and how you can get to them.
2. Temporal agencies
Many firms choose to have their positions dispatched by temporal agencies. The end function for that is to economize on representative advantages like healthcare. Temporally businesses likewise supply firms the way of screening candidates. Employment products and services can usually be a quicker and less daunting job than finding direct employment. An employment company might likewise develop into into a long lasting process for the individuals who carry out well all through their operating.
3. Free job look products and services
This is a waste of money while money is now tight within the first place. In fact, the money you pay for job finding web sites is imposed deductible in case you are on a job. It’s smarter to use the money to pay for bills.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.