Hiring Organization / Company: Augusta University
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
Augusta University (AU) seeks a dynamic academic leader to serve as its next Dean of the Katherine Reese Pamplin College of Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences (Pamplin College). This position reports directly to the Executive Vice President for Academic Affairs and Provost and is a key member of the academic leadership team.
The Dean has oversight of areas including, but not limited to, budgets, degree programs, faculty, staff, accreditations, strategic planning, fund raising, alumni relations, student enrollment, retention and success, and faculty recruitment and development. The Dean is also expected to:
- Promote an understanding, both internally and externally, of the College, its purposes, and objectives;
- Support student recruitment, learning, and retention through quality co-curricular programs, high impact practices, faculty advising, and teaching;
- Guide the development of the Pamplin College in conjunction with the University’s strategic plan;
- Facilitate and grow high quality, relevant, and innovative curriculum across the undergraduate and graduate levels;
- Lead an environment that promotes and strengthens diversity, equity, and inclusion;
- Encourage research, scholarship, and creative activity among the faculty;
- Contribute to the development and stability of leadership across all levels within the College;
- Provide consistent encouragement of undergraduate and graduate research; and
- Foster new partnerships, existing relationships, and articulate a vision that generates investment and support from the community, private donors, and alumni.
Candidates for Dean should possess a terminal degree appropriate to the College from an accredited university. The ideal candidate will also possess:
- Academic credentials commensurate with the appointment to the rank of full professor;
- Five or more years of progressive administrative experience, such as associate/assistant dean, department chair, or equivalent position;
- Experience that demonstrates not only an appreciation for diversity and inclusion among faculty, staff and students, but also the capacity to advance diversity, equity and inclusion at the organizational level;
- A broad understanding and appreciation of the arts, humanities, and social sciences and how they fit into a broader research university;
- An entrepreneurial and strategic approach to programmatic development and an understanding of innovative avenues to degree completion;
- A record of quality scholarship and/or creative activity demonstrated through peer¿reviewed publications and presentations appropriate to the discipline;
- Success in development and fund raising or an eagerness to learn;
- An ability to effectively advocate for the arts, humanities, and social sciences and demonstrate the value of all programs within Pamplin College to a variety of different constituencies;
- Experience promoting the growth of research, scholarship, and creative activity amongst the faculty;
- A participatory leadership style and a willingness to listen with the goal of stability and cohesion amongst all constituents;
- A clear and consistent communication style that values transparency and shared governance;
- A strong commitment to promoting academic freedom;
- An affinity for all programs within the College and enthusiasm to attend performances and events;
- The capacity to effectively interface and collaborate with other academic leadership including Deans of other colleges across campus;
- The financial acumen to aid Pamplin College in matching aspirations with finite resources;
- Evidence of collaboration with faculty and administrators in various disciplines to advance programs and enhance recruitment, retention, and student success efforts;
- A strong moral compass where decision making is influenced by a sense of right and wrong;
- Experience developing interdisciplinary and/or inter¿institutional programs; and
- Significant experience with accreditation.
Conditions of Employment
All candidates are required to successfully pass a Background Check review. For specific positions, the final candidate may be subject to a (pre-employment) physical, drug screen, and/or credit check.
The final candidate will be required to provide proof of completed academic degree(s) as well as post-secondary coursework in the form of original transcript(s). Those candidates trained by a foreign institution will also be required to provide an educational/credential evaluation.
How To Apply
The Search Committee invites applications, inquiries, and nominations for this position. Applications should be accompanied by a letter of interest, curriculum vitae, and the names and contact details of at least five professional references. Applications and nominations will be accepted until the position is filled and review of applications will begin immediately. Interested candidates are encouraged to submit materials (electronic submissions preferred) prior to January 4, 2021 to the search firm assisting Augusta University.
Laurie C. Wilder, President
Porsha L. Williams, Vice President
Jacob C. Anderson, Principal
Parker Executive Search
(770) 804-1996 x 111
Equal Employment Opportunity
Job Location Information:
Location: Augusta, Ga 30912
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you’re not kidding approximately in search of Jobs, you’re going to agree that it is among the toughest jobs this present day. Typically, you’ll haven’t any clue the place or what to search for in the job market. The good thing is that you are not alone. There are a few people out there who are jobless like you. Discovering a job even in a commercial center will also be easy if the place to start out. Before you begin your job looking procedure, here are pointers that can assist you find your dream job.
1. Job Centers
Job corporations are an out of this world and often lost sight of hots pot for locating Jobs. Job firms regularly supply important coaching, assets, and techniques for job seekers. Those corporations can be particularly useful for younger job seekers or those with little running enjoy. A easy Web test for job firms for your areamust discover the place and how to get to them.
2. Temporal companies
Many corporations make a selection to have their positions dispatched by temporal companies. The tip objective for that may be to economize on representative advantages like healthcare. Temporally businesses likewise supply corporations the way in which of screening candidates. Employment services and products can repeatedly be a faster and not more daunting job than discovering direct employment. An employment company might likewise turn into into a long-lasting job for the individuals who carry out well all the way through their running.
3. Free job look services and products
It is a waste of money while cash is now tight in the first place. Of course, the money you pay for job searching sites is imposed deductible in case you are on a job. It’s smarter to use the money to pay for expenses.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.